Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Broken Heart

I wanted to write a letter
I just can`t find the words
To express the sorrow that I feel
That we`re now in separate worlds

I wanted to say I`m sorry
For causing so much pain
I wanted to say I love you
I wish you loved me again

I want you to know I think of you
The pain never goes away
I want you to know my heart feels the pain
of my betrayal every day

You know I have to tell you
You really need to know
I can`t keep it any longer
I need the room to grow

You`re in my heart and always will be
I`ll always be your "little girl"
All I ever wanted was to shine for you
Like a beautiful, brand new pearl

But along the way my pearl was tarnished
Through pride, jealousy and spite
It doesn`t matter how sad I am
I can never make it right

I want you to know I accept that
There`s a peace inside my heart
I know I have to let you go
And make a brand new start

I`d like to end by saying I love you
I wish you well upon your path
I`ll just take my broken heart
And deal with the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment